Vorpal Hexapod Quick Links:
Vorpal is integrated with the MIT Scratch programming language, which is a simple drag-and-drop system. It is used all over the world to teach programming in elementary school, middle school, and even high school.
You will need:
- A computer with the Chrome web browser installed and an Internet connection
- A Vorpal Hexapod with fresh batteries
- A USB cord, type "A to mini" (this is included in your kit)
Once you have those items follow the instructions in the article Setting Up Scratch for Vorpal.
If You Are Already Set Up
Go to this tinyurl to launch the Vorpal Hexapod Scratch Extension:
For convenience, you may want to bookmark that address in your browser.
Blocks You can Use
Complete information on each block is here: Vorpal Hexapod Scratch Block Reference
The Vorpal Hexapod Scratch Extension contains blocks that can:
- Trigger any standard gamepad function
- Read sensors connected to the hexapod
- Move hips, knees, or groups of legs in arbitrary ways
- Upload leg actions to gamepad buttons for use during activities
The following links show you a number of different examples of Scratch programming with Vorpal:
Logic and Flow of Control
Using Sensors to React to the Environment
Vorpal The Hexapod Quick Links
|Sign Up For Our NEWSLETTER||VORPAL FORUM: Join the Discussion|
Getting & Giving Vorpal